Friday, January 21, 2011

Shadowfever (Fever, #5)Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow! All of the books in the series have been excellent despite the nerve wracking, nail biting endings of each one. But, Shadowfever surpasses each of them, possibly because I went against my usual medium with the Fever series and listened to the audiobook. I was in NOLA and have my signed hardcover, but, I shipped it home and could not wait until it arrived. Both readers were awesome. But, having met Phil Gigante and having him give me a sample of his magic voice in person right there on Bourbon street in NOLA just made the story come to life more than my typical imagination. It is rare to have both a male and female reader to cover respective voices. But Natalie Ross and Phil Gigante just go well together. I now know that I will have to experience the rest of the series on audio too. Shadowfever, like its predecessors, was an emotional roller coaster. Being a part of the NOLA release party just made it an incredible experience. This story is hard to talk about without giving anything away and it is something that has to be experienced to get it. I will have to do a re-read of something next so that I do not measure something else against impossible standards after listening to Shadowfever, or, I could just start the series over now and experience it all again!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...