Sunday, June 5, 2011

Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It appears that The Andrews writing duo can do no wrong in my eyes when it comes to the Kate Daniels series. @JulieYMandKAC's letter to the authors is an excellent depiction of how strongly the fans of this series feel about the characters and the story itself. They have mastered urban fantasy storytelling and the readers are the benefactors.

In this installment Kate Daniels is trying to get her new business off the ground and takes on a new case that has a huge gotcha in it that puts everyone she loves at risk. She and her new business partner as well as one or two reluctant ones put in some very hard work against the clock to determine who the threat is and neutralize it or them. One of the things that is great about these books is that the authors pick up threads from previous books that sometimes we forget about and resolve them. This happened here because so many of the people in the books leave messes where ever they walk. It's just who they are as people.

We have some new characters introduced, some serious growing pains, and more fallout to deal with from Magic Strikes. I'm always impressed with the way they handle how things happen with Kate's supernatural abilities and the impending meeting that is bound to occur between Kate and Roland. I can see how the future might play out with the new bouda member and changes that are occurring with other members of the pack as well. Aunt B is a wild card and I guess her name is a huge misnomer and I keep getting a shock with how much of an alpha she really can be in her behavior. I expect Mahon to be who he is because he is the pack executioner. But, sometimes it seems Aunt B could just as easily slide into that role.

I really wish we did not have to wait a full year to see what happens next. But, I will be one of the first in line to purchase my copy.


Review also posted on:
http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...