Thursday, August 11, 2011

Made to Be Broken (Nadia Stafford, #2)Made to Be Broken by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was a great edition to Kelley Armstrong's Nadia Stafford series. In this installment one of her employees, a teenage mother. The very bad part is that the baby is also missing. Despite how hard the employee's life has been she has studied and done everything within her power to be a good mother and ensure she does not end up on government assistance. Unfortunately, everyone in town expects nothing less of Sammi given her and her mother's background. Nadia is suspicious. Jack, Quinn and Evelyn all become involved in the search for baby and mother which turns out to be something well outside the realm of small town Canada problems.

I love both Jack and Quinn. I even love Nadia. The jury is out on Evelyn. How can someone love assassins? Well, look beyond what they do for a living maybe! The investigation was quite interesting and the scenarios in which Nadia and Jack run into the bad guys turn out to be great action. Of course I wanted to now if the next one was already out since I read this so long after it was released. I checked on the author's website and as of 2010 she had begun writing the third book but so far had not posted any plans for it being published. This book left things unsettled in several places. I'm hoping the publisher is interested because I know that I want the next book.


Review can also be seen at: http://LadyTechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...