Sunday, October 23, 2011

Better Off Undead (Bloodhound Files, #4)Better Off Undead by D.D. Barant

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This series just gets better and better. I am thinking the alternate, swapped realities, in this series is really original. I have not read all there is out there in the Urban Fantasy genre but, I have not seen anything like it and I love it. I put off reading this latest book for a while and then I began it and within the first few minutes I wished I had not put it off.

I forgot how funny D. D. Barant is, even when he is writing the most kick-butt scene. Yes, I said he. I really thought the author was a woman. I realized the other day, while thoroughly enjoying this book, that I did not follow the author on Twitter or Facebook so I went in search of a site or handle for these social media sites for D. D. Barant. What did I find but information that indicates that D.D. is a man. I went almost 4 entire books thinking this woman sure is a good author. How can the author be a man? Well, could it be my hanging out with my dad, cousins and uncles so much growing up means I missed a cue? Or, could it be that he is so good at what he does that it was not even noticeable? The second one is my vote.

D. D. Barant's Bloodhound world and, Jace's introduction to that world, was such a shock for her that she says and behaves in the most obnoxious fashion and it usually is attributed to her transition. She's good at her job and maybe that also dictates that she is forgiven a lot. Her witty banter with Charlie is some of my most favorite moments in the books. Despite how kick-butt she appears people are drawn to her and really like her.
I love that all the books do not center on the same essential mystery which drew her to this world in the first place. There is great mystery and even better magic and action scenes and each book stands on its own. I look forward to the next book in this series.

Review can also be seen on http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...