Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1)Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was pretty good. I love Greek mythology and despite being an adult I also enjoy YA urban fantasy books. Initially when I began reading the book I wanted a few things to be different about the relationship between Grace and her family and maybe it will be in the next book. It still works out well. Thane, interesting name for Grace's adopted brother, has a mystery background so far. It is going to be great and I hope it comes out pretty soon. There are several characters like Milo and Nick that you wonder what they know and if their role is bigger than it seems right now. So, there is some mystery to this story along with the action.

The author's take on Medusa was original and actually quite interesting. I especially like the lineage and history of Grace and the others. The story does have 3 different points of view or protagonists with their own stories, but, for some reason it felt more like Grace was more of the focal point of things. The writing was pretty good and the fight scenes were actually interesting if not a bit funny. There was a bit of humor with the girls and that made for an even better read.

I'll look for the next installment when it is released.

Review can also be read at http://ladytechiesbookmusings.blogspot.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...