Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)Raphael by D.B. Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read and re-read Raphael so many times I cannot count them. It is my favorite in the series because we are introduced to Cyn and Raphael. Then the new covers came out and they are lovely! I have to say in a world where vampire books abound and I have shied away from the sub-genre with the exception of a few series that I am dedicated to, the Vampires in America series is one of those series. One of those things I love about this series it is "old-school" vampires with very cool powers and very old-fashioned values that I didn't really realize I was missing until this series.

Raphael hires Cyn to investigate a problem he is having. Someone has kidnapped one of his vampires and he needs investigative help finding her. He doesn't need help getting the female back because, hey, he's Raphael, Vampire Lord and a series kick-butt character.

We are introduced to some great characters in this book, including Raphael's chief of security, Duncan who tends to have the most contact with Cyn. Things get harry and the kidnappers push back and Cyn and Raphael have to kick up their game if they are going to get the vampire back and take care of the kidnappers. This story has a big twist and I loved it and will re-read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...