Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Extraordinary Life of Lara Craft (not Croft)The Extraordinary Life of Lara Craft by Lola Salt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lara Craft "not Croft" is a hilarious woman doing her best to find her place in the world and what she should be doing under the guise of finding new men to date after a terrible break up with her circus boyfriend. I received a copy of The Extraordinary of Lara Craft from NetGalley. I saw in the book details that there would be travel across the globe and really wanted to try it. I was not disappointed. There was a time when I was worried about Lara's wild ways but this book really does a good job of showing a person going through the paces of trying to figure things out for themselves. Lara Croft also loses her job as things start out, but the one thing I liked about her is that she didn't give up and along the way her trials are just entertaining. I laughed throughout the book, sometimes out loud. I have already started recommending this book to other people. It does contain adult content so it may not be for everyone but at the end you realize there is a bit of something for readers who like romance, something for those that like adventure and a bit of action even.

Lara had this great knack for making the best out of her situations and I loved that. She manages to have a good time under the worst circumstances. You have to envy someone that makes the best of their world no matter what is thrown at them, though sometimes she seemed to get off-track. It has to be said that sometimes she got a little too wild and I was concerned that maybe she might be missing the big picture but that is a part of life sometimes. Every once in a while we just feel like taking a day off from responsibility. Lola Salt does a great job of allowing us to see ourselves in Lara. One of the great things about The Extraordinary Life of Lara Craft is that it was just a bit off the beaten track, a bit fanciful and I loved that. There were these larger than life characters that Lara ran into during her travels and I have to admit that I would have loved that job. It had great pay and she got to travel across the globe. I wanted to try a cake that is only made in New York and Brazil where the cake originates. The shop did not ship and I looked around for a way to get that cake to Michigan so I can see how people's indulgences would result in shipping the oddest things around the world. I look forward to seeing more from this author, especially if her humor comes across in all of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...