Friday, March 13, 2015

The Shiro Project (Consortium #2)The Shiro Project by David S. Khara
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh Shiro Project how much I loved you. For me, The Shiro Project was the continuation of a story that just gets better and better. I received an early release copy from Netgalley but was remiss in my duties to post my review at release because I was a bit burned out on serious material and had to read things outside of my normal favorite genres of Urban Fantasy and Thrillers. Unfortunately, this took more than a few weeks and it would have been unfair to read and review books when I was not in the mood for that type of book. I finished The Shiro Project last night and it held my attention just as The Bleiberg Project did. It was the continuation of Agent Morg's story but what was great was we were given more of Elena's history as well. There was a huge twist there and I keep hoping that there is a change with that because she is seriously kick-butt and now that we see more of her humanity it is great getting to know her. I was surprised at Elena's depth of hatred for her father and think that it was an over reaction but, she was a young girl and they do tend to have extreme feelings.

The Shiro Project, of course, did not disappoint when it came to action. David Khara writes great action sequences. He is also very adept at helping the reader get a great vision of how Morg is built and how he moves. It is amazing to read and picture his movements in hand-to-hand combat. David Khara does a wonderful job with imagery in describing these scenes. The portion of the story that gives the book its title was interesting. I wish there was more time spent there. There could have been a lot more time spent on that portion. The project was well described but meeting the person currently responsible for the terrorist activities in the story and the culmination of that part of the book could have been fleshed out more. It seemed to end a bit abruptly. It was interesting but felt a bit short.

But, the best part of this story for me, the part that had me go back and re-read it and bookmark the page was the description of how Eli and Etyan met and their relationship to each other. I was totally surprised, especially given my previous interpretation of the ages of both of them. Just great. This was the clincher for me and that scene made the book for me. Etyan is literally larger than life and he draws you in and makes the reader want to know what happens to him next. On to The Morgenstern Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Road to Murder by Camilla Trinchieri My rating: 5 of 5 stars Nico Doyle returns in the fourth book in the Tuscan Mystery series, The ...